This week my diet has not been good.. at all! And I know exactly why… because I did not prepare my meals for the week. Instead I have skipped breakfast a couple of days, ate too many sandwiches for my lunches and made poor decisions for my dinner; as I result I feel pretty rubbish this week. It’s amazing that filling yourself with rubbish food actually makes you feel rubbish!
I have written a post previously about the importance of preparing your meals to aid in weight-loss and health gain, so I won’t lecture you as I already have. However this post’s purpose is to share with you how I prepare my meals. It’s kind of a step by step guide to show you how easy it is to find healthy recipes and use them in your everyday diet.
- Find healthy recipes! I assume that a lot of you are bloggers, or like to read blogs… so read some food blogs! Use Google, trawl through some sites and favourite those that you enjoy. I use Google and tumblr to find healthy recipes and food blogs. When I find a recipe I enjoy I take a picture of it on my phone, or bookmark it, so when I am later making my meal plan I know what I need to buy. Some of my favourite food blogs are-
- A life Of Geekery, The Gracious Pantry
- The Londoner, I Wash…You Dry,
- Nics Nutrition, SuperFood Babe
- An Edible Mosaic, The Skinny Confidential,
- Eat Yourself Skinny
Do you prepare your meals in advance? How much preparation do you do? Do you have any tips on storage to maximise shelf life?