I know many of you can't get to the gym, or don't enjoy it, or don't have the money to go. Don't let that stop you from working out, you can squeeze in workouts anywhere. If I can workout in a tiny dorm room at uni then you can workout anywhere. Here are some little tips to help you;
- Every little helps- Even if it is just 10 minutes, 10 minutes of sit-ups or squats is better than nothing. Get into the habit of doing them before you go to bed, or when you get up in the morning. I always try to do 100 squats while I brush my teeth... its better than just standing there.
- Mix it up- If you're easily bored, build up your own selection of DVDs, you can buy exercise DVDs relatively cheaply on Amazon and Ebay.
- Weights- You don't need to won dumbbells. I used to use tins of beans or soup, or fill water bottles with sand or stones. Use these for your weights, they are effective and a cheaper option.
- Hey Six Pack!- The plank can be done anywhere, you don't need equipment, it only takes a minute, and its one of the most effective movements for toning. It targets your core muscles, lower back, hips and bum.
- Hula Hips- Hula-hooping is great for your abs, Beyonce apparently swears by it. A hula Hoop is a cheap buy and you don't need much room.
- No Equipment- Create your own mini boot-camp. Do circuits of skipping, high knees, squats, star jumps, lunges. Set a timers on your mobile and do 1 minute of each exercise then go straight onto another. See how many reps you can do, you will soon tire out.
- Up your game- You don't need fancy gym equipment to get arms like Jennifer Aniston. Make your workout harder by doing one arm press ups or decline press ups. Do as many as you can even if its 5. If you do it regularly you will soon see a difference.